Thursday, September 24, 2009

Going slowly, what a surprise

Spent all last Friday trying to get Bochs going on my Mac (running leopard) but with no luck. One of those annoying situations where I knew just enough to keep trying stuff, but not enough to actually get the damn thing working.

I'm starting to get seriously annoyed with a lack of workstation. My mac is 4 years old (Mac Mini, PPC 1.25 GHz, 1MB) and not really up to scratch.

My ubuntu laptop is a netbook and not really ideal for development either - but mainly because the monitor from my Mac Mini goes spectacularly over-saturated when I plug it in.

The work I'm doing isn't that taxing on the CPU - it's not big, it's not processor intensive, in fact it's supposed to be able to work fast in resource constrained circumstances (what?! A VM working fast in resource constrained circumstances, are you mad? Maybe ;-) Consequently, it's quite frustrating to not be able to do any work!

(Maybe a more accurate assessment would be 'it's quite frustrating to be given easy excuses to not be able to do any work' :( )

No comments:

Post a Comment