Thursday, November 19, 2009

One thing I know about parsers...

is that my many failed attempts at writing them have resulted in the limited knowledge of what's easy, and what's not. Hence I have finished the parser for my DynamOS C, because I specifically made it an easy language to parse.

The compiler should be pretty easy now that I have the actual definition. And thinking about the implementation of this work in DynamOS C itself is raising lots of interesting questions - I wonder if I'll end up with some more opcodes.

Oh, and it adds another step to my plan; a unit testing framework. I couldn't have written the parser without unit tests, and from now on I will want to unit test my work.

UPDATE : actually, I realise what I have forgotten - and neither of these were in the numbers library so I think fair enough; Constants, Closures and Comments. The three Cs. I don't think they'll take much though. Just have to find time to do it (baby just woke up damn it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment